Sarah Colborne from Palestine Solidarity Campaign gives eyewitness account of Mavi Marmara massacre
There are 20 deaths confirmed, Israel is trying to hide this fact. This was confirmed by the head of the NGO I.H.H (38 people injured were at the hospital in Ashdod, only 21 persons were returned to the turkish government). 9 were martyrs, shouhadas, Israel is hiding the remaining deaths.... for how long ?
Here are the names and pictures of the first 9 martyrs :
Putting Names To Faces
A brief introduction to the nine Turkish people shot dead on 31 May 2010, by Israeli soldiers who attacked the Turkish vessel M.V. Mavi Marmara, as it attempted to transport humanitarian aid to the people of the Gaza Strip.
2. Ali Haydar Bengi, 39, from Diyarbakir. Graduate of Al-Azhar University, Cairo (Department of Arabic literature). Married with 4 children. (link)
5. Necdet Yildirim, 32, from Malatya. Married with a three-year-old daughter. (Dogan News Agency)
6. Fahri Yaldiz, 43, a firefighter who worked for the Municipality of Adiyaman. Married with four children. (link)
8. Cengiz Akyüz, 41, from Iskenderun. Married with children aged 14, 12 and nine. (link)
9. Furkan Dogan, 19, student at Kayseri High School; planned to become a doctor. Son of Dr. Ahmet Dogan, Assoc Prof at Erciyes University. A Turkish-American dual national, with two siblings. (link - link - link)
(This post liable to change as more details become available).