What is happening now in Egypt is historic by all means and all parties involved should acknowledge that and deal with it as such.
“Without beating around the bush or postponing or playing us for fools and without more false promises, we, the people of Egypt, demand all of our long forgotten rights to be granted and this time there is no turning back … we have learned our lesson …we have finally broken free of all fears”
- Salaries and pensions increase that would cope up with the high prices and to include financial aid to the unemployed wide segment of the youth.
- Cancel the law of emergency – that gives the government the right to abduct any citizen without need for any law warrant.
- Egypt is no monarchy. 30 years are more than enough for Mubarak. He must go and his son Gamal- the probable successor or heir to his father’s presidency.
- The dissolution of the current parliament- whose elections deemed fraudulent.
- Fair and democratic parliamentary and presidential elections.
- Ban Egyptian exports to Israel and mainly the Egyptian natural Gas.
Egypt under Mubarak’s regime
The demise of 30 years of authoritarianism
For more posts by Dr. Ashraf Ezzat visit his website at: http://ashraf62.wordpress.com/
[i] – http://challahhuakbar.blogspot.com/2011/01/israel-sending-agricultural.html [ii] – http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/01/201112621340630620.html